Building a personal website can be easy, fun and complicated. When you choose to build it yourself, you face the toughest competition on the internet on making it look professional and unique. You ask yourself what type of website do you want to make? Or how can you attract viewers with the look and feel of your site? Do you even have to compare your site to the others? What do you want to be known for?
Here are tips to build your website online.
- To build a foundation for your website, you need to build balance of what is important for you. For example, if you want to put up a blog site. Choose a blog style theme that you can write articles or post videos.
- Get ideas on what to name your site. A good domain name that sound goods and easy for people to remember. Try Namemesh tool if you do not have any ideas.
- Decide to have a free or paid site. To start with no investment, go for free blog resources. Sign up at WordPress to get your free blog. To get a paid blog, look for blog hosting or starter hosting with a free domain for you to start easily. I use Bluehost as my hosting provider.
- Educate yourself about your blog interface. Check on the available applications and programs that are compatible with your site.
- Research your niche and make necessary adjustments to make your site standout.
- Know the SEO descriptions of your site.
- Search for related Google Keyword tools to make your site appear on the search results.
- Learn how Google Webmaster Tools works and how it will enhance your website.
- Have a customized logo and personal picture so you can establish web presence.
Make your site personal so readers identify themselves with you. Show that you are legitimate and take time to build a site that is going to last. Getting a professional website will cost you money and too complicated for you (if you do not know anything about CSS, HTML or even JAVA.)