What do you love and hate as a virtual assistant? Would it be the working alone? The balance of work and family life? Working anywhere you like? Travelling? Not waking up too early in the morning? Getting extra rest?
Admit it. Nobody wants to be confined to a cubicle office anymore. I face commute and traffic issues. I get to immerse myself in a knee high water that is flooding the entire parking garage where I worked after the big typhoon. How do I get away from all this?
My solution is training myself to work as a virtual assistant. I have previous admin experience and a financial background. Hey, I could do this full time. I push through despite what many people label VA’s as “The Lazy Job”. Virtual assistants are the front runners of every small and large business. We operate individually or in a team, there are always reasons why we love and hate the job we do.
Lazy job? Nah! I get asked over and over again. Why should a girl like me want to be a virtual assistant? My reasons are endless. All I care about is being happy and have the balance I want. are the front runners of every small and large business. We operate individually or in a team, there are always reasons why we love and hate the job we do.
So? Who are virtual assistants? VA’s are the front runners of every small and large business. They operate individually or in a team. They do jobs that no one wants to do. Like data entry, admin work, financial reports and more. You need to have the skills and the talent to get clients. there are always reasons why we love and hate the job we do.
There is always competition. That’s why it is not easy to become a virtual assistant when you don’t have direction. There are always reasons why we love and hate the job we do.
Here is a list of reasons you should love and hate about being a Virtual Assistant. Here are 5 reasons you should love being a virtual assistant and 5 reasons why you should hate it.
5 Reasons You Should Love Being a Virtual Assistant:
1. Love your working hours because it gives you time to do other tasks.
2. No dress code.
3. No office gossip, bickering, and politics. Working for yourself or a virtual has a lot of benefits from doing business as usual and not relying on emotions all the time.
4. Work anywhere you go when internet service is available.
5. Great pay. Virtual assistants are paid hourly, fixed and retainer’s fee. You can command to get paid by projects too.
Here are 5 reasons you should hate being a virtual assistant:
6. Working anytime can be misunderstood by family and friends. Virtual assistants are like 9-5 self-employed entrepreneurs. The idea of getting your attention anytime and anywhere gets abused.
7. Constant distractions from home and the environment wherever you go. You want to focus on your tasks. Sometimes you get distractions from noises and people all around you.
8. Balancing work, house work, dog and people duties.
9. Not dressing up routinely. Sometimes I forget that I should treat my virtual tasks like an actual work.
10. No time limit. Learn to log in your hours honestly. You could lose money, focus and not being able to manage your time well.
image source by Freepik