Good news, you are not alone in trying to improve your productivity at work. Even for virtual assistants who get used to working 10-12 hours a day wants to figure out how to deal with productivity blunders and feel like a power source who can do anything in this world. You want to be able to focus on doing things that matter. You have read a lot of articles about productivity. Or how to’s in getting work done in a day. Still, it is not working for you. Let me give you some secrets of the most highly productive people.
Keep in mind that not all productivity methods can work for you. There are methods that can even complicate your tasks. Be sure to take extra time in finding the useful productivity method that is going to work for you. Remember, methods can be used as your guidance in getting your work done. The methods collected on this site starts with low commitment style to high commitment.
1. Personal Kanban – this method helps you visualize progress on your projects. Most people use the white board or sticky notes to check the momentum of their tasks. This is a powerful method that can help you remind on completing your projects. It gives you that sense of control and action.
2. SMART Method – this method is great for big projects. How these method works is to ask yourself a series of questions on attaining a big project. Like, How can I attain good traffic on my site? It stands for Specific, Measurable, Assignable, Realistic, Timely. You can use the what, when, where, who, why and how the type of questions to meet your goal.
3. Getting Things Done – this a famous method to get all your thoughts organize. The best thing about this is that it helps you visualize small tasks that you can do immediately. The technique is to write everything on a paper. In no particular order, all the tasks or projects you need to do. Specify the general tasks into smaller goals. Once you have the desired outcome of your list. The next is to prioritize them. You need to schedule, decide on due dates and categorize them in a day, week or month. Look back on your list and make sure you break down your daily tasks. Lastly, learn to adjust your tasks every day.
4. The Pomodoro Technique – is a method for people who get a lot of distractions. All you have to do is to set a timer for your task. After finishing about 25 minutes of work, you take a break. Go back to work again. Take a break about 10 to 15 minutes. Try to finish it for the next 25 minutes. This is good for people who feel overwhelmed with so many works. Others might skip this method because it breaks their concentration.
5. TimeBoxing – this method allows you to schedule your task within a timeframe. Like, do social media for 1 hour. To start, all you need to do is to split your day into blocks of time for each of your tasks. You can include doing Day-Theming which is switching different tasks per day. (I do this a lot). Example, doing marketing tasks on Tuesday and do design on Wednesday.
At the end of the day, you will feel more in control of your schedule and be able to do important tasks. You can also combine each of these methods for great productivity results. Make it happen and avoid bad habits along the way. To your success!
Photo credits: Freepik